Details of any vacancies will be posted here. But if you think you’ve got potential as a scribe, you should try this exercise:
Listen to this talk by the author Shawn Achor on the happy secret to better work, then create a piece of scribing that you feel captures his key messages and conveys his theme in a clear, concise and engaging way.
It might help to take a look at some of our work before you start but bring your own approach to the challenge. Don't spend longer than two hours on it - scribes never have the luxury of time! And, finally, use A3 landscape, 300 dpi, and email the final image to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scriberia is an award-winning studio of animators, illustrators and storytellers, who believe in the power of pictures to tell stories and share ideas. We offer a broad range of services to clients all over the world, including ‘scribing’: the art of on-the-spot illustrations that capture live events as they happen; bespoke animations, which make light work of sharing ideas in the digital age; and a range of workshops that promote ‘visual thinking’ for anyone seeking to unlock their best ideas.
We are looking for a self-motivated and highly organised individual to support our Head of Studio and Senior producers.
The main responsibility of this role is to manage the everyday finances of the business, reporting to the external accountants monthly. The post will also involve supporting the logistics of projects and the day to day running of the studio. You’ll be working closely with artists, clients and venues across the UK and internationally.
The candidate will be required to be flexible within their role and able to use their initiative to get involved in many aspects of the business. The Studio Administrator role is essential to the smooth running and continued expansion of this young, vibrant creative company.
You must have previous experience in a similar role, ideally gained within a creative environment. To be successful in this role you must also have excellent communication skills, the ability to work on your own initiative and have a positive, proactive attitude.
- Paying invoices and salaries
- Managing accounts
- Managing finance spreadsheets
- Updating database (Daylite)
- Managing company expenses
- Working with external accountants
- Chasing debtors
- Making travel, accommodation and visa arrangements for artists and staff
- Working directly with clients, creatives and freelancers to deliver event work, illustration and animation
- Assisting the production team with multiple jobs simultaneously
- Supporting the producers in preparing and administering contracts, estimates and schedules for clients
- Developing a strong understanding of our services, solutions and working practices in order to best support the production team
- Keeping project files complete and up to date and maintaining and updating our database
- General office duties: ordering supplies, liaising with suppliers
- Answering phone, ensuring studio is ready for meetings and workshops
- Ordering couriers, overnight dispatches and coordinating studio deliveries
- Answering incoming calls and fielding general enquiries
- Helping to ensure smooth running of the studio
Person Specification – Essential
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an administrative capacity, ideally client facing and within the creative sector.
- Experience of financial administration (basic bookkeeping).
- Good numeracy skills.
- Good working knowledge of Mac OS X environment and Microsoft Office.
- Have an enthusiastic and can-do attitude – we are after a real team-player with excellent inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work within time constraints and to problem solve.
- Able to learn new skills quickly and be flexible according to the demands of our studio and clients.
- Excellent organisational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask.
- Excellent written, verbal and IT communication skills.
- Planning skills are essential, being able to take a project from start to finish.
- You must be able to represent our company well on the phone, via email and in person at all times.
- Supporting the business in other areas will be required from time to time so it is important that you are prepared to be flexible in line with the demands placed on the business.
Person Specification - Desirable
- Good working knowledge of computer database systems (ideally Daylite)
- Adobe user
How to apply: please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com no later than 5pm on Monday 22nd May with Studio Administrator as subject.
Interviews: Early/mid May.
Start date: asap.
Salary: 25k per annum.
Location: London, King’s Cross