Details of any vacancies will be posted here. But if you think you’ve got potential as a scribe, you should try this exercise:
Listen to this talk by the author Chimamanda Adichie then create a piece of scribing that you feel captures her key messages and conveys her theme in a clear, concise and engaging way.
It might help to take a look at some of our work to get a sense of tone, structure and level of detail. But don’t feel you have to try and replicate a particular style. Bring your own approach to the challenge.
Scriberia usually work pretty quickly, so limit the time you spend on it to, say, 2 hours, to make the task more realistic. Use A3 landscape, 300dpi and email the final image to email@example.com.
Scriberia is an award-winning studio of animators, illustrators and storytellers, who believe in the power of pictures to tell stories and share ideas. We offer a broad range of services to clients all over the world, including ‘scribing’: the art of on-the-spot illustrations that capture live events as they happen; bespoke animations, which make light work of sharing ideas in the digital age; and a range of workshops that promote ‘visual thinking’ for anyone seeking to unlock their best ideas.
The Animation Producer provides a crucial link between our clients and our studio team. As such, the role requires a broad skillset, from conveying the process and managing the expectations of clients, through to organising the time and workloads of our expert team of animators. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator and a natural problem-solver. They will be approachable, methodical, proactive and practical. They will be able to think on their feet and have the flexibility needed to respond to ever-changing client and studio needs.
- Client communications: oversee the creative process from brief to final delivery and communicate with clients throughout projects, managing feedback, approvals, timings and budget conversations.
- Join the team in meetings, calls and pitches and help communicate throughout the life cycle of a project.
- Build and maintain excellent client relationships, and look for new business opportunities where appropriate.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the requirements and needs of different clients and their brands, their definitions and their core characteristics.
- Creativity: work closely with creative to brief, develop and delegate tasks, knowing how to relay and present creative concepts successfully to the client.
- Review briefs with the Creative Directors and plan the resources required.
- Project management: schedule projects and manage multiple workflows/deliveries, timelines, liaise with freelancers and other suppliers.
- Plan and traffic work going through the studio and raise any areas of concern with resourcing to the Directors or Company Manager.
- Financial responsibility: Prepare project budgets and manage budget control, ensuring good profitability.
- Work with the Studio Manager to chase payment and ensure all invoices for external suppliers and freelancers are paid promptly.
- Opportunities: Strategic development and direction of existing client relationships and potential opportunities in the wider market.
- A background in animation.
- An in-depth understanding of production techniques and the creative process.
- A proven track record in fast-paced creative environments, managing multiple workflows.
- The ability to co-ordinate teams and suppliers to deliver high-quality work, on time and on budget.
- A proactive approach to creative and new business opportunities.
- Awareness of current industry trends.
- Passionate about creative collaboration and innovative ways to create original content.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter including current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm on Friday 21st October.
Interviews: mid/late October
Start date: mid/late November
This role will be an initial 12 month contract to be reviewed and potentially extended after the end of the term.